WorkSource Georgia Mountains is designed to assist youth, adult, and displaced workers as they seek employment and training in Georgia. WorkSource Georgia Mountains administers the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Program and is funded by the federal government.
Under the leadership of the Georgia Mountains Regional Commission and the Technical College System of Georgia, Georgia Mountains WorkSource’s goal is to build a world-class workforce that:
- enables individuals to achieve their highest potential;
- ensures employers have the skilled workers they need to compete effectively in the global economy;
- and to capitalize on the untapped potential of underemployed and dislocated workers, youth, and other job seekers with special needs.
WorkSource Georgia Mountains provides funding for education and training to eligible individuals to enhance their current skills or learn a new trade. We also supply funding and services for Georgians who lose their job as a result of plant closures, mass layoffs, and other effects of the changing economy.
Our mission is to provide America’s workers with the skills and credentials necessary to secure and advance in employment with family-sustaining wages and to provide America’s employers with the skilled workers the employers need to succeed in a global economy.
Who Are We?
WorkSource Georgia Mountains administers the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Program and is funded by the federal government.
Who Do We Serve?
Individuals who live in or have been separated from their jobs in Banks, Dawson, Forsyth, Franklin, Habersham, Hall, Hart, Lumpkin, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union, and White Counties could be eligible for WIOA assistance through WorkSource Georgia Mountains.
How Can We Help?
- Training Funds – assist with tuition, books, and program supplies
- Supportive Services – assist with transportation costs and childcare
Where Does the Money Come From?
The funding we receive is from federal grants. This means participants are not required to pay back any funds received or claim funds on their taxes. Receiving these funds will not affect unemployment benefits.
Who is Eligible?
WIOA has three groups we are able to assist:
- Youth (ages 16-24)
- Adults (18+, if employed must be income eligible, new to the workforce, etc.
- Dislocated Workers (18+, currently on unemployment, laid-off from previous employer, etc.)
Applicants for the tuition assistance program must enroll in a Growth and Demand Program at an approved area school.
WorkSource Georgia Mountains is proud to partner with the following organizations in serving our region. We invite you to visit their websites and learn more about the unique services they provide to youth, adults and senior adults in the Georgia Mountains region.
If you are interested in learning more about our partners, please see the schedule below for contact information and office hours.